Thursday, April 2, 2015

Logo-MK Photography



1. What kind of pictures would you want to take if you ran a photography business?

     I would be highly interested in taking artistic shots of models with an emphasis on fashion.

2. Is your idea practical and will it fit a need?

     My idea is fairly practical because there is and always will be a market for fashion photography to advertise clothing so long as people still wear clothes.

3. Who is your competition?

     I will unfortunately have to compete with a lot of high end fashion photographers--and pretty much everyone else in the business; however, I will start small and work with smaller clothing companies. Before then even, I'd have to recruit volunteer models to do artsy shoots with me before I can really sell anything. I will most likely need to start out with portraiture for students and family.

4. How can you create a demand for your business?

     I can build a blog or website showcasing my portfolio and advertise clothing for startup clothing businesses.

5. What skills and experience do I bring to the photography business?

     I can work Photoshop, Lightroom, and a little bit of Adobe Illustrator. I have taken two courses of photography here at Northgate and I photograph volunteer models on my spare time already; all I need to do now is get more practice and build an online portfolio.

6. Where will my business be located?

     I will be working from home to cut costs and because most of my supplies are located there.

7. What will I name my business?

     M-K Photography

8. Can I deal with the isolation of working from home?

    Yes, because I am an introvert and I prefer to work on my own time and on my own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment